Applications Programmer 1
General Position Summary
Cameron Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an Applications Programmer I to work as part of a project team to facilitate corporate plans and objectives. An Applications Programmer I designs and tests program logic. This position entails coding through use of Visual Studio components and preparation of user and operational documentation.
Essential functions for this role:
- Code, test, debug, document and install modified and new programs and applications.
- Work in a team environment implementing Business Plan and other projects defined by the Company. The Programmer will code applications by working with Project Leaders, Analysts, Users, Management and Operators by gathering information about a project, consulting with the Project Leader and Analyst for proper solutions to best complete a given task.
- Code business solutions in various programming languages utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL, and/or Java.
- Monitors production programs for expected performance and responds to incidents.
- Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during systems operations within authority level granted by Programming Leader.
Qualifications / Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems; or Associate’s degree plus 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: C#/Visual Basic/Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL, and/or Microsoft products
- Familiarity with data processing system design methods, techniques and standards.