General Position Summary
The Business Intelligence Analyst will work with management, staff, and department teams to help articulate data needs, develop processes for efficient data collection, develop appropriate data displays and outcome measures as well as coach on how to make improvements in identified areas of improvement. This role will have an opportunity to articulate key process flows; describe and manipulate data sets, sources, and structures; gather requirements and manage multiple inputs and priorities; and develop reporting to make data more meaningful to its end users.
- Works with end-users and developers to define the data requirements and structure for Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Ability to analyze data quantitatively and qualitatively and communicate findings.
- Identify root cause of problems with reports or data sets.
- Prepares analytic dashboards, reports and visualizations to provide insights and help our endusers improve their performance.
- Incorporate analytical and problem resolution skills to effectively communicate analytic findings and approaches to management and staff.
- Develop and write moderately complex executive summaries for reports related to analytic findings and opportunities for program improvements.
- Provides business leadership to facilitate the implementation of moderately complex business and analytic approaches.
- Investigates and mines data to discover areas of opportunity for improving business outcomes.
- Responsible for developing, communicating, and maintaining standard BI processes and procedures.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Meet expectations of attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of BI applications and processes.
- Produce procedural documentation as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills described in job description.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to think logically for interpreting and analyzing problems assigned or encountered.
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard, typewriter or other office equipment.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or other relevant academic field; or any combination of education and experience providing the types and level of knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the job.
- Knowledge of analytical tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau
- Basic understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Creating impactful reports, visualizations, and interactive dashboards
- Gathering, manipulating, and visualizing data
- Experience using Microsoft Office products