General Position Summary
Effectively lead client services team for all processes associated with policy activities (i.e., support underwriting from initial submission through issuance and accounting for the policy lifecycle). Implement and execute performance standards and monitor those standards for staff. Collaborate with underwriting management to identify training needs, assess performance for the team, and ensure responsiveness. Assure all related activities are delivered in a manner consistent with customer service and expense management focus. Act as point person for workflow improvements from identification to implementation.
- Coordinate, monitor, and enforce service standards for all aspects of the policy lifecycle.
- Coordinate and oversee the various activities associated with the processing of all lines of business. As required, perform tasks associated with premium handling, lapse and reinstatement procedures, and cancellations.
- Maximize customer (agent and policyholder) experience by providing help desk resources and technical advice to answer policy, billing, and agency rating system questions.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal resources (e.g., Claims, Billing, R&D, etc.) to coordinate the delivery of all related services to clients. Maintain an appropriate level of customer service.
- Administer quality assessment process.
- Handle complaints and questions from the agents, insureds, other departments, or insurance departments where processing matters are concerned. Mediate problems between insureds, staff and agencies as required.
- Build rapport, provide motivation, resolve conflicts, and coach department employees to attain company, department, and team objectives.
- Counsel, monitor performance, provide feedback/coaching, provide formal performance assessments and salary recommendations, and recommend and implement disciplinary actions for direct reports.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to interview, screen and hire new employees.
- Conduct and/or coordinate training sessions with underwriting staff on updates, changes, or new procedures or products.
- Plan, coordinate and/or conduct training sessions for the agency force.
- Participate in committees, research projects, or other special initiatives as a technical expert for the Underwriting Department
- Oversee and participate in Underwriting’s tasks associated with testing of products, rates and systems.
- Ensure staff compliance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Perform budgeting and salary administration tasks.
- Plan and participate in occasional travel to agent’s offices and attendance at other outings to promote CMIC.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skills described in job description.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate with underwriting team members regarding job performance.
- Ability to perform all tasks assigned to support staff. Must have an excellent technical background and understanding of the different team member’s job functions.
- Must have an in-depth and thorough knowledge of property and casualty policy content, rating, forms, and the independent agency relationship.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of policy administration systems.
- Ability to travel, including occasional overnight stays.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and work at a computer terminal.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to prioritize work and meet service standards and deadlines.
- Ability to learn new tasks and perform them in an efficient manner.
- Maintain work performance at satisfactory or standard level.
- An attention to detail and a desire to work with people.
- Ability to comply with department and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion with minimum supervision.
- Maintain current industry knowledge through participation in industry education, seminars, and professional networking opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) from a four-year college or university;
Industry Education and Experience
- Five to seven years Underwriting or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.