Field Claims Adjuster II - Central Missouri
General Position Summary
Cameron Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an experienced field claims adjuster for the central Missouri area. This individual will work remotely from their home and also will have access to a company provided vehicle.
We work hard, but also value a healthy balance between work and life. We offer a choice of quality medical plans and a great dental plan, with company participation in paying your premiums. In addition, Cameron Mutual’s benefits include a competitive paid time off program and generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 25 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. Cameron Mutual offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives (think health fair and gym fees reimbursement) to life insurance (both company paid and supplemental) to educational assistance (think tuition assistance and no-cost-to-you industry education courses).
Essential Functions for this role:
- Ascertains validity of claims, verifies coverage, determines liability, determines extent of the value of a claim and negotiates settlements within prescribed limits of authority, in accordance with established procedures and consistent with legal and contractual obligations, as well as state statutes and Department of Insurance requirements.
- Works with insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, witnesses, repair shops, service providers and others to bring assigned claims to prompt conclusion.
- Communicates with insureds, claimants and other interested parties over the telephone and in written correspondence relating to claims adjusting and settlement activities.
- Maintains current knowledge of policy coverages, developments in tort law and damage-related issues.
- Submits prompt and concise reports containing all information and evidence developed in the investigation.
- Overnight travel may be required, including travel associated with large loss and catastrophe claim handling.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) from a four-year college or university (preferred); or
- Associate’s Degree plus 1-2 years of related work experience (preferably in the insurance industry); or
- Industry Education and Experience:
- Associate in Claims (AIC); and
- Three or more years claims adjusting experience.
- Equivalent combination of industry education and experience may be substituted for the above.