General Position Summary
The Physical Claims Adjuster is responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and resolution of basic to moderate property or casualty claims. This position requires a knowledge and ability to apply technical expertise across all lines of business. The Inside Property Claims Adjuster also handles claims with the assistance of independent adjusters for property inspections and estimating. This position requires the ability to review independent adjuster’s estimates and reports to ensure a high degree of accuracy.
- Manage all aspects of basic to moderate property claims, including coverage determination, property inspections, damage estimates, documentation, and resolution.
- Perform a wide range of coverage analysis with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Secure or construct estimates of damage repair for structures. Determine replacement cost and actual cash values of lost or damaged personal property.
- Communicate with insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, witnesses, contractors, service providers, and others to bring assigned claims to prompt conclusion.
- Establish and maintain proper indemnity & expense reserves.
- Provide timely updates to direct supervisor regarding status of files.
- Exhibit and maintain a thorough understanding of property claims coverages, laws and procedures.
- Exhibit and maintain a thorough understanding of antifraud practices. Provide recommendations to direct supervisor relating to files where fraud is suspected.
- Provide risk alerts to Underwriting where appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge of property coverage, building practices, and other property damage related issues.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills described in job description.
- In-depth understanding of coverage across all lines of business.
- Knowledge and skill in performing inspections and loss estimating.
- Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple assignments or projects and simultaneously manage and meet established deadlines.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are required so as to understand, synthesize, interpret and convey, in a simplified manner, complex data and information to audiences with varying levels of expertise.
- Continual, careful attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze complex coverage issues, assimilate information, estimate damages, and establish sound strategies which reflect proactive management of a claim file.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong technology aptitude; ability to use business technology tools to effectively research, track, and communicate information.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion with minimum supervision.
- Ability to recognize fraud and execute on approved antifraud measures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization, with affiliates, and with external parties as a representative of the company.
- Ability to manage disagreements and conflict, and to maintain poise in contentious situations.
- Ability to travel overnight on an occasional basis.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) from a four-year college or university;
- Associate’s Degree plus 2 years of industry experience; or
Industry Education and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience handling property claims of moderate complexity,
- Associate in Claims (AIC).
- Equivalent combination of industry education and experience may be substituted for the above.
Interested candidates can send their resumes to:
Cameron Mutual Insurance Company
214 McElwain Drive
Cameron, MO 64429-1321